Sunday, February 5, 2012

The years go by so fast...

It's been awhile since I've posted an update on the fam. SO much going on lately! Decided if I procrastinated any longer, I'd have more catching up to do than I personally care for...

So, let's start off with Keaton. He's 2.5 years old and - THANK YOU LORD - is FULLY POTTY TRAINED. He's still wearing Pull-Ups at night only because I'm trying to use up the last of the stack. I would say we're about 4 Pull-Ups away from being a DIAPER FREE FAMILY!!! Definitely loving that. He's counting, saying his ABC's and seems to be right on track with everything. His endless energy is still a constant struggle...I can barely keep up. About 3 weeks ago, he followed in his sister's footsteps (for those of you who remember the paperwad incident). I discovered he had shoved approximately 4-5 macaroni noodles UP HIS NOSE!! No, I'm not kidding. You couldn't see them looking up his nostril, but he would blow and a noodle would peak out. Gross is right! I'm just really hoping we got them all :) As most of you have seen, the kid is in full Spiderman mode. He likes Batman and some of the others, but Spiderman is king as far as Keaton is concerned. Spidey fingers appear in just about every picture taken. It's gotten to the point where - if asked to count using his fingers - instead of holding up his first finger and middle finger for TWO...Spidey fingers pop up instead. I need to catch this on video! Other than that, he's doing great...getting big...and is turning into such a sweetheart (when he wants to be, of course).

Now Rya...where to start. She will be 5 in less than a month. We're on a waiting list for a couple of highly ranked charter schools in the area as she'll start Kindergarten at the end of July. At her preschool, there is a private Kindergarten class. Rya was actually bumped up to this class and has been participating in everyday Kindergarten course work already. Addition, subtraction, writing, reading, etc. The truly amazing part (or at least I find it amazing)...SHE CAN ALREADY READ!!!! She has a big book of early reader Dr. Seuss stories and can read most of it herself. She even surprised her teacher with this :) I have a feeling that the transition into Kindergarten for her is going to be almost seamless. She's also really into writing and drawing. We go through so much paper in this house that Roy and I are looking into some other alternatives for her hobby...maybe a Kindle app or something. She's super social and is already asking for sleepovers...where has my little girl gone??

As for Roy and I - we have started a 90 challenge. It's called the Body by Vi Challenge - through Visalus. It's a shake in the morning and a shake at lunch with a sensible dinner. We've been on this for 2 weeks now...Roy has lost 6 pounds and last time I weighed myself I was down 3.5 pounds. I haven't mentioned anything up to this point because - let's face it - I'm not known for sticking to this kinda thing, but so far it's been fairly simple. The shakes make life a little easier - not having to worry about breakfast or lunch - as well as actually tasting pretty darn good. I've been trying to walk during lunch a couple times a week as well and hope that we can start getting more active as a family. Stay tuned for additional updates on this :)

I'm still in school - though in the process of changing gears a bit. I've decided that I really want to teach High School English...so I've shifted my classes to go for my BS in Secondary Education with an emphasis in English. Only about...oh...2.5 - 3yrs to go :(

And that folks...is life in the McCormack household. No big vacation plans this year...but we're always willing to be convinced :)

No comments:

Post a Comment