Friday, November 19, 2010

Good mood don't leave me now...

Not too bad for a Friday morning. Got up, got ready…all before either child made a peep. Got both kiddos up and dressed with minimal hassle. Well, except for the four poopy diapers I had to change for Keaton while trying to get Rya ready. Oh yes…I said FOUR poopy diapers. No constipation issues with this kid.

Two things that made me smile this morning:

1) We get downstairs and I notice one or both dog(s) has also had some poop issues…ON MY CARPET. **Sigh** So I told Rya to watch Keaton while I picked it up. Seconds later I was done and asked Rya where Keaton was. Her response: “I put him in the closet so he wouldn’t touch the poop.” I walk over, open the closet door and there he was…smiling up at me :)

2) Daycare had a wall of dinosaur art – a plate decorated with a dinosaur for each child. Each had a name, diet, and favorite activity. Most of the kids had diets of strawberries, bananas, or some other fruit for their dinosaur. Oh – not my little Ryasaurus. She was the ONLY one with a diet of PEOPLE! I’m so proud of my little carnivore..hehe ;)

Mama Mack’s thought of the day:

So, we’ve recently made some changes in the McCormack household. The TV has been a convenience for us for a long time – you get off work, you don’t get home until 6pm and now you have to fix dinner with two starving kids grabbing at your legs. TV was something that kept them occupied while Mom and Dad did their thing. It was easy to leave it on and watch while we ate. What we started noticing is that dinner was taking an hour to an hour and a half – all the while we had to constantly remind Rya to eat rather than watch TV. We made the decision that something had to be done. So – as of this past Sunday night, we no longer watch TV while we eat. We all sit at the table (Keaton in his highchair, lowered with the tray pushed under the table so he feels like a big boy) and TALK. Novel idea, right? Personally, I find it gives me more quality time with my kids and ultimately helps them eat better rather than being zombified by their favorite shows. It even gives me some time to talk with the hubby about our increasingly chaotic days – something we rarely get a chance to do when we’re in EVENING RUSH MODE.

The point of this all – as I sat with Roy and Rya on our bed last night before we shipped Rya off to her own room, we joked, we played, we talked…and I realized that for the first time in a long time, I was able to sit and enjoy my family rather than feeling rushed and hurried to meet some self-imposed deadline. It was FABULOUS. Maybe THAT is the ultimate point:

Deadlines and cleaning and planning can wait. Your family can’t. So take a deep breath, put those inner demons in their cages for a bit and just ENJOY!!!!

Happy Friday to all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment